Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Holidays in Israel..

It's the Holiday season in Israel and we have a Jewish Holiday of the new Hebrew year.
I'm excited and happy to go to vacation from work, It's really about time to relax and enjoy.
Recently I've found the following forum post:
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=27286

There are so many good insights there, the guy who wrote it is a great man, and I feel as if he was talking exactly to me, he keep saying "This market will be here long after you and I will be dead, so there is no need to rush in and try to get all your money back in one day", which I totally agree with, in the days where I lost a substantial amount of money I thought I'd get it back all in the same day, and just winded up losing x4 more.

He also talks about the simplicity that trading should be, following a trend and making money while going with the flow, no fancy methods are needed in order to make money, and I totally into it, I don't over-analyze the market, and just tend to swim with the current trend.


I've realized something that happens to me lately is that I don't have time to trade (only about hour or so a day), so I try to get into trades without good signals, which is so bad.. so starting next week I'll go to the GYM before work, and leave enough time for trading so I won't rush into trades.

I really think I've grown as a trader and I'm much more mature now in my trading than I was 2-3 months ago.

I stopped doing mistakes like losing more than my daily stop loss, I don't take trades from other people, I don't trade when I cannot follow the trade, that's the latest improvements in my trading.

Need to improve:
1. Stop buying on spikes or when market gets crazy.
2. Start reading books or so while trading, otherwise I get bored and fall asleep and miss a good trades like yesterday's 50 points move.
3. Stop overtrading, the less amount of trades is the best usually.
4. Take time from trade to trade, otherwise you just take impulsive and bad trades.

Hope to get back on my feet soon,
Have a great week!
And to the Jewish folks reading my blog:
Shana Tova !

No comments: