Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Yesterday -94$ today +37$

Well, today I wasn't such a nice day, but it ended up positive, which is better than negative, I had 1 missed opportunity that could have given me +100$, I was already in the trade, but 20 seconds before it went down sharp, I decided it might go against me, and settled for +10$ :(

This is one of the trades I made today:


Yesterday I was out of focus, I should never trade on days where I'm out of focus, at least I didn't break my daily stop loss rule yesterday.

My goal for december is only 400$, nothing more, I just need to assure myself that when I'm not "testing stuff" or making foolish mistakes like losing 300$ one day, I can make money on the long term, I must provide myself with the proof.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it is so damn hard!!! I needed to get smacked down big a few times before it really hit me. I think that I will always remember this mid Oct day, when after being up nicely each and every day of the week (it was Thursday) and up nicely on Thurs itself, I've decided to short the NQ about 30min to the close. It went against me and I added and added and added...
This day has ended down about $1500 (and to make the pill even bitter, the next day the market opened up with a big down gap that could have made me A LOT of $$$ if I hadn't closed my position).
I consider this day to be the catalyst, the last straw. Since this day you can see the daily constant results on my blog.
I wish you would never have to go through another day like this again (I know you've had yours already a few times), but it seems that it is from the pain and the agony that we evolve as better traders.