Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Daily Journal +1.25R

Building confidence back from scratch, today I took two positions early, when I saw 2 stocks getting near their gap up base and break, and it went well.

1 of the positions made almost 2R, and the other went up almost 2R, but then reversed so I sold it when it went back when I entered it, so altogether I've had a +1.25R today net.

I'm glad it happened, I really didn't have a green day for such a long time.
In the future I will ride the wave of a green day, but I just wanted to set my mind a nice pivot point to know that I can have green days also, I've had a traumatic month of almost only red days, because of lack of discipline, so right now I'm glad I could go from there to being green.

Usually when days like today happen I should trade more aggressively since I've had another "almost entered" positions that were supposed to be profitable, its just that I was afraid a little since I was insecure.

Confidence is high right now, but also my competence, I will not make fullish mistakes thinking "I must be always right", and follow my rules regarding trading.

I didn't break any rule today, and it is what matters most right now, not the money, or the R results, only the rules, if they will be kept, I will make money long term.

I'm happy right now, and relieved finally from the burden of the losing period, I finally broke it, and even though its small, I am glad its there at all:)

Now lemme go back to work, I wish this day would end already and I could go back to my house flying the RC Helicopter I've got, I'll post video of it flying on youtube and add it here.

Tomer.

No comments: