Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Daily Journal -1R

Today I took two losses, and as you can see they combined to make -1R, since in one of them I took smaller size, and in the other I lowered my exposure after it bounced back to my entry point.

I'm finally starting to control my down days, I'm actually "glad" that I didn't make money in the last two days, yesterday I had some mistakes, and today I was able to overcome those mistakes and lower the exposure when the trade isn't going my direction.

Of course that ultimately it would be nice to make money, but as they say, easy come easy go, so when I was beginning to day trade I made about 10R or so, easy, and then it went down and I'm in losses now, now that it's hard, and I better appriciate every winning day, I think it's time to make some money.

I missed an opportunity to actually make money today in AMZN, the stock that I'm watching closely and I can predict a little, when the day started the market was going down, and then the market broke up, so I put a buy order in AMZN as soon as it broke up as well, but I put it about 2 cents below the price that it was traded at and it made me miss the opportunity to make about 3R, the lesson here is not to be greedy, those 2 cents wouldn't mean much, I should of put the buy order in the price that I knew I could enter with, and therefore be on the wave of the winning trade.

Speaking of waves I went surfing today, only to discover that there are no waves, so I didn't even bother getting in the water, so I went away, and then I read in the forum that we'll have waves satureday for sure, so then I'll be at sea :)

Another thing that was good today is that the first trade I took, distructed my mind a little, I was a little less sharp, and the second trade was a trade that I already prepare so it was taken with trigger, but then I noticed that the first trade kept ringing on top of my head, so I knew I shouldn't take any other trades, I didn't even bother looking for them, because they are what we call "revenge trades", I'm glad I finally start trading by the rules, and stop trading in bad moods

Tomer

No comments: