Thursday, July 17, 2008

Daily Journal +1.42R

Today I've been doing the sort of trading that does work for me lately, and it is trading lightly, and quit as soon as I got more than an R. why am I doing that?
Because lately, every time I reached +1.5R, I just went down to -3R afterwards, when I said "1.5R isn't enough", but the way I think about it, if I keep making 1.5R a day consistently almost every day, that means I get about.. 10R a month, now it's not much, since my R is 45$, but when my R will be 400$.


It'll mean I'll be making 4,500$ a month, working about a hour a day, which rocks! since I could tend to other ventures and do the thing I love doing, I could virtually work from everywhere, and therefore fulfill a long wished dream of doing a winter season only snowboarding! that's one of my dreams, and I think that I'm ready to fulfill it.


I'm not trading really for the money, money sucks, I trade for the freedom to have time for myself, the way I see it now, I'm at work 9:30am until 6pm, or later (software companies..), then I go to the GYM 3 times a week, that means that my day really starts at about 8:30pm, I spend most of my day stuck at a place, not living life, just working. I'll start surfing in the mornings when there are waves, like next Sunday, so it'll be a nice addition to my day.. waking up at 6:30am..


I honestly think that people who are stuck at the whole working environment are missing out life, I see them talk about work all day long, when they come back home, they check emails, in the weekends, they don't do anything special, because they are stressed of what will happen at work when they come back, I don't want to live life like that.


In Israel we must recruit to the army when we turn 18 for 3 years, so we really start "living" at the age of 21, which sucks, so we all work for some time, and for a "after army trip", at least most of us go, they go to Australia, South America, and other exotic places for about half a year or so.. I went to Thailand and China for 4 months, and caught the "travel bug", it really opens your eyes for the world, you meet new people, explore the cultures, I even studied a bit Chinese because it is so difficult to get around there, so what I'm trying to say is that after that trip, and my 2 months trip to the USA when I was young, and other assorted amount of trips, I really like being "on the suitcase", and going from place to place.

I even match my trading style to that, I trade with 1 screen setup so when I'll get to travel, I could carry a laptop everywhere, I trade only a hour a day or so, again, so I could have more time for myself, and less "screen time", I do everything to get to my goals of "financial freedom", and what I like most about trading, is that it's still is exciting, and not as mechanic as everyone say it is, when you trade less, you don't have much time accumulated and not get bored.

Anyways, I hope things will turn out right, and I'm glad to say that after 2.5 months day trading stocks, I'm still profitable, hehe, well that's after losing money day trading futures against the odds, so it's ok. coming to think about it now, it seems like forever, day trading only 2.5 months, I thought I'm trading for about 4 months, damn this day trading is extensive..

Have a good day everyone! :)

No comments: