Thursday, July 10, 2008

Daily Journal -3R

Today sucked, I'm not sure why, but it seems that 1 trade cause all of this, all of the other trades were fine, nothing big really, but there was one trade I couldn't handle..

I took AMZN with 200 shares, which about the max share size my R=40$ permits, and I was suppose to sell it when it went down 20 cents, but.. I had to "prove that I'm right", and wind up losing about 150$ on that trade alone.. I never saw my PNL in stock markets go down so much, so I immidiately shorted AMZN for a 50$ gain, coming to think about it, it was stupid, and very emotional, but I think it was so many trades that slip away...

Yes Asaf, I'm waiting for setups, but they come so "rarely", and I always miss them, so I take stupid trades with "no setup" that usually works, this time AMZN proved me otherwise, but I was frustrated that about 3 breakout trades slip away from me, that I had to take AMZN... this stock and V are always moving somewhere :) and I like joining them on whichever direction.

Overall I'm a disappointed, I truly thought I went trough this emotion thing, but I guess the way for being "a machine" is still infront of me.

2 comments:

Asaf Yadid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I guess that we all learn it one way way or the other at one point. BUT apparently there is no such thing as "perfect" - therefore, knowing and accepting it, all we need to do is put some mechanical limits on ourselves, something that we can not control nor change in the heat of the moment.
What I like in the new platform I'm using, is that it has all of those mechanical limitations that you can preset, like: max loss for the day, max loss for stock, max number of shares traded per stock, per position and over all the day. This way you will get yourself in unnecessary troubles.

I wish all platform available will have it so that extreme cases like HPT's just will not happen.