Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bad Day..

I've heavily over traded today.. that caused me losing 382$ after commission today, at least it's not like on the days I started trading 2 contracts and lost 600$ hehe.

I traded 18 times, which is way too many for the signals that I really had, after the day finished I paper trade and had only 5 trades, I must work on my patience or I'll keep have days like today.
This is how I should have traded today:



The First trade I should have taken at 10:55, long YM 14073 after the resistance had been broken, and with my trade management rules I should have lost 10 points on this trade.


-You can see the trades in the image I attached.

The Second trade should have taken at 11:15, short YM 14065 after breaking the lower trend line, this is again another loser, 10 points.

Remember, my trade management rules are: exit a trade on the break of the current trend, so if I was following the trade down, I let it go down 9 points, on the 10th I stop loss, and if the stock have been going my way, I cover the short the minute it breaks the downtrend up, and another trade management rule I added is: after I'm on a 10 points gain, I automatically put a stop WIN on +5 points, so I won't lose money on sideways going markets.
Till now things seem rough, it seems like I'm losing money huh? watch the following trades:

Next trade (Third) should take place at 12:15, Short YM 14063, it goes all the way to 14045, but it still doesn't enough for me to close the position, this trade is closed at 12:40 on +5 points, just before the market flip on me.
The Fourth trade takes place at 13:35, long YM 14074, the market formed an uptrend, and the resistance had been broken, so I follow the trend until it breaks down at 14085, and get +11 points.
The Fifth and last trade takes place at 15:10 and is short after I close the last long position at 14085, short at about YM 14082, until about the end of the day, which gives me about +27 points.
Combined I get +23 on the day, it's a slow day but still not like the 382$ I lost..
Hope I explained my trading method, tell me if it's not clear enough.
Have a nice day.

No comments: