Monday, July 16, 2007

Finally starting to pay off my tuition

Well I've got to admit, I had another profitable day, and it feels great! I'm up 190$ net on YM today, and things starting to feel right again.

I started the day going +135$, and then went down to +20$ after 3 bad trades, but I kept doing my best, not letting any good trade lose me money, and kept my stop loss the way I wanted, and it basically have been another good day.

I think that I pretty much understand how to make money in a days where the market does moves like today, Mini-sized dow (YM) moved about 130 points up and down intraday, and I took 54 net home, which doesn't seem so good, but it is for me since I want to make only 32 points a day average.

A mistake I didn't do today was not leaving a trade without a stop when you go to eat, at one point I was +12 points on a trade, and wanted to go to eat, so I just put a +5 points stop win and went to eat, a little reminder, this kind of behavior had cost me about 2000$ one day, when I was on 2 YM contracts and went eating pizza.

My profit / loss now is -23.9% since I started day trading Futures, and I finally start paying off my tuition which cost me so heavily (more than 4K$).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about trailing. In cases you leave for a long time you can also trail with 5 points instead of just a regular stop.