Thursday, July 12, 2007

Yet, another good day

I'm up 276$ on the day (after commission), and I hope it stays this way.

What I did today was just following the bigger trend, instead of fighting to understand where the market is going in the next couple of minutes, I started going with the flow, and I really got in sync with the market, today I had a very good discipline, my stops were reasonable, I didn't get away from the computer without having a stop loss market order in my broker, and it saved me once.

I had to go help out my dad for a couple of minutes, so I put a stop loss in the broker, and when I came back I saw that I lost Internet connection, and when the Internet did work I saw that YM was down 20 points from where I entered, but my stop loss was 5 points above my entry (what we call stop win:), so I managed to earn money while not even watching the computer, I really believe that I'm developing in my trading every day.

Today I had 90% winners, which is usual for days that have certain main trend, I just join the market on the move and watch my profits run, +60 points on the day is very good for me, my goal is to get +32 a day average, so when my account grow I'll just add to my quantity, which is now 1 since my account size is so small, I'm not trying to reach the sky, but getting 32 points a day can be achieved in 2 hours of work.

On the personal side, I've just had a nice BBQ with my friends and it was really fun watching them all on my birth day, I think this is going to be my best b-day yet :)

No comments: