Friday, October 12, 2007

+5 points at NQ..

I feel like a changed trader, lately I take my trading in a more mature way, I don't over trade, and I feel my confidence is building with every success I make, and I don't get arrogant after a winning streak, this was learned the hard way, after believing so much in my "good calls" for trades and going without a stop.. so this is what I did today:

At 12:47 I thought the market will continue his rally up, and took a long position:



soon after taking the long position I saw that the market breaks down and figured it would be a nice time to sell my long for a small loss(1.5pts) and join the bears with a short position two minutes later (at the same price that I've sold my long position).

It looked like this:


After that I had enough of real money day trading for the day, and put myself a "paper trade" of long 1 @ 2185.5 at 13:30, I'm happy it was a profitable call, even though it was only on paper, I still happy with my result.
Overall I had a nice day, my swings did nice today and once I'll see some of them I'll put on charts and investigate how I reacted with the positions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job man!!!
On the "Criticized" side - I didn't like your Long entry but it is very nice you knew to close it fast and reverse.
Your short entry on the flip side, was near perfect!
Keep up the good job.

Tomer said...

Thanks for the comment it really helps to see that someone is acually reading my blog hehe.
I agree with you that the long enty wasn't good, I was in too late, I should have joined it long before the uptrend had stopped.

but yeah I'm glad I took that short , I tried to do it today (monday) and it didn't work so well, I need quiet while trading, and I was at work until late.. :(