Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Great day! +238$

Monday was a great day for me, I sold all of my swing positions due to the FED coming soon, the market has gapped up and my stocks did very well, sold most after a nice solid profit.

From now on I'll minimize my "overnight risk" as much as I can, I see that swing trading has given me 1/3 as much profits as day trading futures has given me, so I think that I'll stick to disciplined day trading.

I took only 1 day trade Monday, for a profit of 4 NQ pts (+75.5$ after commissions), I'll post chart later when I'll get my Internet connection home up and running.
Update:
This is the trade I took, I went long NQ at 2217 since I saw that the line I draw (lets call it intra-day resistance) was broken upward, which signal me to get long, I don't think I'd go short on 2214 and lower since it didn't seem like the time for short looking at the other indexes(s&p and djia).
I somehow knew the market will hit the resistance line there at about 2222 so I just sold for a minor profit, but still, profit is a profit :)
I start to see that I'm evolving my own style, or method, w/e you call it, I wait everyday patiently for the best setup I can find, and I take it, usually risking 2 NQ pts to win 4++ points, this is some nice risk reward ratio, and statistically long term the method should work, so some day I'll lose 40$, maybe 50$ after com's and slippage on one contract, but long term I don't need to be right more than 50% of my trades in order to make money (due to risk reward ratio Begin higher than 2:1).

I hope my positive attitude over trading will finally pay off, right now I'm in deep losses due to the initial mistakes of my day trading carrier, and I know that there are a lot of mistakes I shouldn't make again, and this "1 trade a day" method is the most relaxed I can, and doesn't encourage "overtrading", if I'll keep it going well until the end of November I'll start higher my size, and trade more contacts.

Trading is all about discipline, and patience, trading is the best field in the world, you discover yourself everyday, I really love trading, and sure glad my account had enough cushion to land on when I first started day trading and lost Hugh sums of money :)

If my plans continue accordingly I will be able to quit my job about 3 years from now, it might sound far, but I'll only be 26 by then, and hopefully a bit "richer" than today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, ok - i think it is time to put some weight on your feet and "get back to earth"... toot toot toot - reality check...
;)
Whenever you start to feel to happy and confident about your trading, it is probably the best time to take a little break. What could happen? The mkt will still be there after u get back (I'm actually writing for you, what I'm telling myself right now).
However, god job on the nice numbers!