Saturday, October 20, 2007

Wondering about trading..

Lately I've been wondering a lot about trading, whether it's possible to have consistent results or not, if it worth it or not, and such.

I see that two of the bloggers (tyro, phileo)quit day trading for a while, and it makes me wonder..

Why do we all drawn into trading? well that's easy, it promises big money with little amount of effort, well the truth being is that it's "enough money" with "a lot of effort", just face it, we all go through a long journey before seeing the real money, lately I've had some consistency and it's still not enough to pay any of my bills, but what my advise would be to gain confidence in your ability to trade, save a lot of money working for a regular paycheck, and only then start trading for a living.

Trading is a style of life, and while it doesn't offer the same challenges as you have at your work, it offer something else, it offers freedom, yes, you've read correctly, freedom, and that is the ability to do your job (in our case trade) from anywhere on the planet, and be able to make as much money as you do at work and more (if you play your cards right), trading doesn't seem like a gamble to me, nor does it seem like something that needs luck, it's just a calculated risk vs calculated profit, you need to love it in order to dedicate a big chunk of your life into it.

I guess trading doesn't suits everybody's lifestyle, and it might be psychologically difficult to handle with days like last Friday (down day for all of the swing traders since the whole market went down), I still believe that if you think positive enough, you will be able to generate a positive results.

No comments: