Thursday, October 25, 2007

Gapping down :(

Quick update:
Today my swing position of VDSI have gapped down today and is now -33.95% only today, this have been my biggest nightmare, usually stocks gap down 10% max, and it is ok since other swings are winners and overall I'm usually up, but this is too much, the last straw? might just be.
I'll be thinking about it this weekend, I hate it when stuff like this happen, after I'm finally up 327$ on my day trade, which used to be harder for me than swing trade, I'm almost break even on the month results because of my swing trading.
Also, I think that I didn't day trade in the last few days because my mind was too busy thinking what should I do with the swing trading..

I think that swing trading is too stressful for me, and today's gap down have shown me what I hate the most about this style of trading, this unexpected stuff are terrible for business, in day trade you don't hold positions over night and therefore you go to sleep with the profit / loss that you had that day, and when you come back to trade a week later it remains the same..

I'll think about it over the weekend, any thoughts from my 2.5 readers?

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Maybe this is the market's way of telling you to not hold through earning's announcements. She's a bitch and none to subtle. It looks like the rest of your strategy is solid, so don't give up because of one mistake.

But hey, day trading sure lets you sleep better!

Anonymous said...

Tomer - NEVER HOLD A STOCK THRU EARNINGS!!!
Although there a re a few out there who are saying that it is all in the chart, I believe one should not risk it (unless hedged with options).
It sux, but it is not the end of the world. With good money management strategy - swing is good to go (hey, and don't forget it could happen the other way sometimes... ;) )